So I went in for my doctors appointment and I'm so happy and surprised to say that I haven't gained anything in my last three appointments. I was truly shocked. For normal women, when it gets to the end, they don't gain anything in the last month, but with Ammon I gained like 20 lbs in the last month, I was gaining at least 5 lbs at each appointment in the last month. Like my body just automatically gains weight when I have doctor appointments. Anyways, I was super excited, it was a pretty nice surprise!
But I talked to my doctor and I brought my aunt with me for support.
His big thing isn't even the size of the baby anymore after i mentioned how Cameron is smaller than ammon, its the fact that his head isn't engaging and the cervix is still thick (which I'm still supposed to be cause I'm not due for 3 weeks) So I don't see why we would take him at 39 weeks. That's still EARLY, its not late, its not even ON TIME, its EARLY! So i told him we want to wait at least til 40 weeks before we take him. He tried to scare me into thinking that by waiting its gonna cause all these risks! whats the risk again? to have your baby normally? My aunt felt like he was totally just pushing it on me for no reason and I totally agree. I really wanted to change doctors, but no one takes someone who is 37 weeks. I really wanted to go with midwives this time around, but unfortunately when you are college students and on medicaid, they don't take medicaid, I guess beggars cant be choosers! Either way, I'm still going to stand my ground. I wasn't as bold to him as I was in the post. But still, I got my point across. All he kept saying was that if I go against what he's recommending that I will be responsible for what happens to me and my baby. So it goes to show that they are all just worried about a law suit. They try to scare you into thinking that normal labor is too risky. When I asked him about what the actual risks are of waiting for my body to naturally go into labor he couldn't tell me anything. He just kept saying the same things over and over again like a broken record, that he wasn't engaged, OK I GET THAT, BUT HE CAN ENGAGE ANY TIME. Its not a RISK to wait for him to engage like other normal babies. I just don't know how so many other medical professionals say the opposite, that its completely safe to let your body go into labor. I'm not even asking for a home birth or anything like that. (although I would have loved a water birth) I still want the hospital and continuous monitoring of the baby, I'm not going out on a limb here or anything. And if I did, that's fine too, I'm just not that brave yet. He says that he still thinks i should do it at 39 weeks, and that at that point we will stop agreeing. what the!? He still never told me whats wrong with waiting til 40 weeks. RISK RISK RISK is all he would say. Its obvious the RISK hes talking about is a scheduling conflict!
I know it was a bad day for me to tell him I didn't want to have a c-section, because He had delivered a lady that morning and put all his appointments WAY behind schedule and we were waiting for a long time. But I'm pretty sure when you go into that profession, you know that your schedule is going to be very flexible. I'm not going to change the way I chose to birth for the doctors convenience and I know he was pretty annoyed with the idea that he was going to have to deal with a birth instead of a planned c-section. OH WELL.
Of course it would be more convenient to have a c-section time wise. My mom could plan a flight, We could plan for it on one of Sean's days off, I'd get to shower and do my hair and make-up again before I go in and take the baby out. Labor can come and probably will come and the most inconvenient time. But last time I checked, we don't bear children out of convenience. Its not convenient to gain weight and have tons of pains, its not convenient to not be able to sleep. its not convenient to have your hips feel like they are being ripped from your body by horses and Its not convenient for the extra expenses. We have children because they are a blessing, because of the joy and because if we do what we feel the lord has asked us to do, knowing we will be blessed for our efforts.
Anyways, so the plan is to try to let this baby go into labor by himself! If anyone has any extra tips (I'm looking into all the natural ways to induce myself, becuase the doctors wont do it cause its too dangerous) let me know what has worked for you. I know theres some way to get the head to engage. I think I read somewhere that squats do that. Anyways let me know if you know anything else!
Better Days 2019 Svenska Röster Stream-720p-DTS
-
*Better Days 2019 Svenska Röster Stream *
Better
Days-2019-2015-v-noel-2018-action-3-naruto-filmy-w-4k-culte-l'accusé-ø-film-jim-carrey-l-death-note-0...
6 years ago








4 comments:
You go girl! I love reading your posts about this you're great. I'd say just walk around walmart for hours on a Saturday afternoon hahahaha. The stress and chaos might shove you right into labor!! ;)
Just take everything into consideration. You may want the baby "normal" but it may not be best for the baby. I know a family friend that everything was a go for a C-section and the baby miracualous changed positions so they were going to let her do it natuarally. Well a few days later, she couldnt feel the baby move anymore, went in, and it had died. at 38=39 weeks. So it may be the safest thing. You woulndt want it to be your fault either if something did go wrong because your so firm on having him natuarlly. something to think about. Either a safe baby, or take chances.
No I totally agree. I had a friend whose baby died 3 days before she delivered and I have been terrified of that happening to me too. Ultimately I just want a safe and healthy baby, were just gonna wait and see if things naturally take its course. Like i told the doctor, if there is any sign of fetal distress or anything else, we would jump ahead to c-section. Alise I MISS YOU! Next time you are in Provo you need to stop and see us!
As far as I understand it is very common for a second baby's head to not engage until right before labor.
It doesn't sound to me that you are putting your baby at risk by trying to have a vaginal delivery. You don't sound like you want it at any expense, just that you want to try and let your body have a chance.
When a baby dies it doesn't mean the mother did anything wrong. I think you're doctor is wrong for trying to make you afraid and guilty that you are wanting to give yourself a chance to go into labor naturally.
Post a Comment