CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 24, 2011

I thought so...

So I went in for my 34 week appointment and he is measuring right on track (according to the tape measure) I will probably get an ultrasound with a more accurate estimate of his size around my 37th week. But like I thought yesterday, the doctor confirmed today that he is securely head down! I don't know why I am so excited about that, but the doctor said that it was a good sign. :) I knew I felt him moving around and flopping yesterday. I dont remember Ammon and Cameron moving head down this soon. I guess the reason Im so excited is cause we are trying for a VBAC again this time around. I have a really supportive doctor that were seeing and he is willing to try to give me a fair shot at this. He is like 80 years old and has delivered about a million babies and I trust him completely. Ever since the release of the new guidelines last July it gave me more hope for this next pregnancy.
  • The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists has clarified and expanded its support for a trial of labor and vaginal delivery after previous cesarean delivery.
  • The updated guidelines state that vaginal delivery after C-section is safe for most women with two previous low transverse uterine scars, twin deliveries, and unknown uterine scars may be appropriate candidates for a trial of labor.

http://journals.lww.com/greenjournal/Citation/2010/08000/Practice_Bulletin_No__115__Vaginal_Birth_After.40.aspx

We have alot of rules to abide by to try to stay on the safe side. But our best chance for a VBAC is if he comes on his own. So I guess thats why im so excited. He seems to be just as excited to come out as i am to meet him. :) So heres hoping that all goes well and that he comes on his own!

2 comments:

The Graham Family! said...

Crazy to think you only have 2 1/2 weeks till you are full term!! ahh! Hope you have a dream delivery and everything goes well. So excited for you.

Lulu said...

I'm so excited for you Alicia!!! I'm pinning my hopes and dreams for our next baby on this coming experience of yours :) You'd better let us know IN DETAIL how things went afterwards...Love you!