CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 1, 2011

Baby Update :)

So today we went in for an ultrasound to see how big the baby is measuring. I had been so confused cause I feel like he is smaller than Ammon and Cameron, but sometimes I felt like he is just EVERYWHERE. But the doc wanted to get an idea too. So we went in today and hes measuring about 7lbs 6 ounces, and I know its just an estimate and it can be off a bit but it got me really excited. Ammon was 8 lbs 13 ounces when he was born and Cameron was 9lbs 1 ounce. I think he might be long, they couldn't tell me how long he was but that would explain why he feels like hes everywhere. hahah Anyways, its all very encouraging because a baby too big is not exactly ideal for a VBAC. I'm sure its possible, but the least roadblocks the better. But yeah so far there has been alot of progress and all my ducks are lining up in a row. Slow and steady progress. The baby continues to descend into my pelvis, my cervix is thinning and I'm dilated to a little more than a 1. So I'm very excited. I feel like its just enough progress to keep me hopeful for a VBAC, but not too much to the point where I am stressed about going into labor at any second. My mom flies in on Friday and it would be ideal if I went into labor then because Sean wouldn't have to miss TOO much work. I'm going to get my membranes stripped at my apt on Friday as well. Of course if he decided to come earlier, I would be thrilled and relieved. I just hope he can come on his own. My doctor has really been amazing. He is so supportive. I feel like instead of fighting against him (like my last doctor) that he is on the front lines fighting for me and rooting for me. At my last appointment we talked about possible inductions. Because I'm a VBAC, the hospital wont allow me to use pitocin or cervadil or anything like that, BUT before we schedule a C-section, he said we could use a Foley bulb (a balloon to stretch the cervix out), and then break my waters and hope it would put me into labor. If those things don't get labor jump started, we would continue to monitor the baby's heartbeat and fluid levels and then proceed with a c-section. I'm hoping that it doesn't come to that, but its nice to know we don't have to go straight to a c-section. I'm thinking that this would probably go down on the 11th or 12th. I have a feeling about this weekend though. I'm hoping my body will be able to relax once my mom gets here and that we can focus on getting the baby out. I've been listening to some hypno-babies tracks, I wasn't able to get the full course, but using a couple tracks to help me relax and visualize a successful VBAC has really helped I think. I'm hoping that any little bit will help with getting me to have a VBAC and have a smoother birth. Anyways, just wanted to update you all and let you know how things were going! I will keep you all posted!

1 comment:

Stevenson and Marissa's Blog said...

I'm so excited for you Alicia! Keep thinking those positive thoughts and try to relax your mind while still keeping busy on your feet :) I would be so happy for you to have a successful VBAC and I hope it works out for you. Either way you will have a cute new little baby that I can't wait to hear all about!