CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

My " To Do" List

So I'm feeling super overwhelmed with all that i have to do before the baby gets here. I feel like I've done some of these things like 10 times already- But things just keep getting messy! Like the dishes! One day they are done and the sink is beautiful and empty and then ALL of a sudden, there is a HUGE mound. I don't understand HOW that happens! its crazy how housework just SNEAKS up on you! haha
Ok so on my to do list includes:
  1. Finish packing hospital bag (because its never REALLY finished, cause you need those things like toothbrushes and hair stuff while your waiting for the baby to come)
  2. clean garage. ( I know I cant do this by myself, but I still need to work on some stuff and its driving me nuts!)
  3. Clean out car (Ive done this about 4 times in the last month and it looks like it hasnt been cleaned in a YEAR! We cant bring a new baby home in a dirty car!!)
  4. Clean my room and bathroom- AGAIN- again, one of those things that sneek up on you. Im talking full on scrubbing scum off... Again!
  5. clean boys room- again. I just cleaned and organized it. It looks like it hasnt been cleaned in a year
  6. Clean upstairs bathroom- Again, this is gross, I dont know how it happens so fast.
  7. Clean the guest room. Considering no one is in there right now, I have no idea how it got messy. I cleaned it after Theresa left and all of a sudden its a mess.
  8. Clean downstairs bathroom.- Im talking floor mopping, sink scrubbing, toilet cleansing type of clean. It needs it bad... Again. i just deep cleaned it on saturday...
  9. Do all laundry... yeah, you know your laundry is bad when your 4 year old walks into the laundry room and says, MOM the laundry is as BIG as a TREE! :( this not only requires washing the enormous mound, but REMEMBERING to put it in the dryer (something that is REALLY hard for me these days, and I  end up with sour clothes that need to be washed...again) and then folding and hanging it all up and then running all over the house to put the things in the right place... I miss the days when I got to clean a house with a whole slew of siblings... at least I wasnt alone in cleaning an entire house! :P
  10. Wash the walls- in the entire house. I know this sounds like an exaggeration, but i have slowly been chipping away at this and it still needs it badly, I think every wall in my house has handprints all over it...
  11. organize plastic cupboard- everytime I open it, things fall out at me
  12. organize pots and pan cupboard- same with this cupboard. It tries to attack me
  13. Organize all cupboards- how will anyone know where anything is when they are watching my kids, if I dont even know! lol
  14. vacuum entire house- especially the stairs... 
  15. Go to bank- Pay rent- (I forgot yesterday lol)
  16. remember to charge phones to use as intercoms
  17. Record me singing baby mine, so cameron can go to sleep while Im gone... (lately he will only go to sleep to me singing... too cute)
  18. pack coldsore medicine so there is no repeat of Camerons birth (I got so stressed out that I broke out into 4 coldores and couldnt kiss cameron for a long time!! sooo sad. Thank goodness for ACYLOVIR! 
  19. Get TV fixed... YUP that got added yesterday
  20. Have the repairman come and fix everything broken in the house...
  21. Then there is the list of 20 more things that need to get done that are little, but annoying like, remember to bring cell phone charger- and headphones (so I can listen to hypno babies) and dont forget a spare outfit for me to wear out of the hospital, and dont forget the laptop and charger, oh and dont forget to dye your hair... oh and get milk, and fruit, and other basics, so my kids have something to eat while Im at the hospital... hahahah oh yeah, dont forget to call and arrange THIS and dont forget to call and make sure someone can do THAT.. Just a bunch of those types of things. 
I'll survive just fine though, I always do.
PS.  I can cross off the repairman! that just got done! and our TV is currently being fixed. and considering the situation, the repair place actually lent us a loner TV until ours is fixed. YAY we are no longer TV-less. :)

1 comment:

Lulu said...

Oh girl...That's a list if I ever saw one. I only had one thought as I read it-"she's just like me". I mean that in the sense that yes, all these things may NEED to get done; but also keep in mind your (very normal, very okay) limitations right now. You're going to deliver a baby any day, so I'm just suggesting that you might have to let some of those things go. Maybe if you were to sit down and prioritize-and just say "okay, I'll do as much as I can up until D-day, and whatever doesn't get done, it's not the end of the world." lol If you do the most important things first, then the smaller less important things won't be stressing you out. And remember-you're not a single mom. You can enlist help from hubby. And as far as cleaning bathrooms/bedrooms..if someone's coming to help with Ammon and Cameron, maybe they can help do a bit of cleaning too. People who love you, know that this is a time when you need help with more than you normally do. So accept the offers :) I'd come over and do it all if I lived near you!


P.S. I love your new background :)