** I know this is a long over due post, but I DID post this on facebook the DAY after I had him so you gotta give me props for that! :)***
August 13th, 2011
So, I've been up since Wednesday morning, with a little more than 2 hours of sleep... So I'm trying my best to be coherent and retell this story right (things might be slightly out of order, but you will get the main point) :P Tuesday we had another ultrasound that showed the fluid levels were getting lower (they had dropped 2.5 points from the week before and were borderline risky. There was a pocket of fluid big enough to keep them from being completely concerned though. I was still not so happy about it. The doctor was leaving out of town this morning and wouldn't be back til Monday night, so considering how the fluid levels had dropped that last week, we knew we needed to try to have this baby come before then, so we set our "induction day" for Wednesday at 10 pm. Because I have had 2 c-sections, the hospital will not allow anything like pitocin or cervix softeners to be administered to me. But our plan was to use a foley bulb (an inflatable balloon to sit on the cervix) to help me dilate to a 4 and then break my water and hope that my body would take over from there. I was very satisfied with that considering it was an option and not just straight to a c-section. So Wednesday night they put that in and I was not expecting contractions, but I was getting lots, usually between 6-8 minutes apart, nothing too consistent, but they were pretty intense on the monitor and the foley bulb added some major pressure. At the peak of each contraction I thought I was going to have a bowel movement, it was intense, but it was really exciting. My blood pressure spiked a couple times so i realized i needed to really focus on staying relaxed and calm (thank you hypnobabies and Jamie!) I didn't want my blood pressure to become an issue in my trial for labor. So after the long night the doctor came in and checked and i was at a 4 and about 80% effaced, but since it was with the foley bulb in place it wasnt quite accurate. So after they pulled the foley bulb out I was still around a 4 but only 60 % effaced. So he gave me a chance to have a break and went and did a c-section and came back and we broke my waters... Fun times. No really, all of this looking back was painful and uncomfortable, but I wanted it so badly, I wasn't going to complain. I finally had someone willing to let me try, and REALLY try and I feel very blessed to have had the opportunity. So when he broke my water he was having a difficult time knowing if he even had because the fluids seemed to be so low ( that worried me a bit) but the baby's heart was great. They put an internal monitor on braydon to make sure we had an accurate read of his heart at all times and also to let us know that we actually broke my water. I started to feel little gushes and then during contractions I would get some too, but the fluid level was low and that worried me a bit, but they assured me everything was fine, his heart rate was great, but they also placed a tube into the uterus that they could hook a bag of fluid onto in case he ever showed signs of distress to get some more room for him in there. So then we waited... we waited and waited. The doctor encouraged nipple stimulation so we asked for a pump. That seemed to help. I continued to have contractions, but NOTHING would get into a pattern for very long. I asked if I could walk around with the internal monitor and they got me a portable thing for the monitor and we got all set up. So I got up and we started making rounds. He had actually gone up higher (he was a -2 before we used a foley bulb) and was a -3 so we were hoping that walking would bring on consistent contractions and help him descend back down. As i passed the nurses station I asked how he was and he was ok, but about 30 seconds later she said his heart rate was dropping and that he didnt like it when I was walking. So we rushed to the room and got me on my side and his heart rate bounced right back up again. So those beds there are horrible. They are impossible to sit in, let alone lay in, especially on your side when you are pregnant. They have bars that cut right into your hip. Im so glad I had my mom there, she was my momma bear fighting for me, She had asked the nurses for at least 9 pillows I swear and she didn't stop until i was able to be as comfortable as I possibly could be in that bed. Sean tried too, but I guess since hes never been in one, or in one while pregnant, or in one while contracting it was harder for him to know how to make me comfortable, but my mom knew EXACTLY what I needed, what pillows needed to be propped where and where they needed to be to help alleviate the pain in my hips and be able to handle those contractions. So we were kinda limited to the bed for a while, every time I tried to get up to get on the ball or sit up, I would end up in position that would make his heart drop. So it was hard to try to bring on contractions sitting in a bed on my side, we had to just hope they would start from the waters being broken. The doctor recommended nipple stimulation so we ordered up the pump and I pumped for several hours and they brought on great contractions. The oxytocin thats released is supposed to be the body's natural form of pitocin, so not as hard as pitocin, but enough to bring on some really good contractions naturally. I was trying to not get checked as much as possible since my water was broke and we didn't want infection so I waited til about 5:30ish to get checked by the nurse. It was disappointing cause there has been pretty much no change since the foley bulb was placed and he was still at a -3 station. We decided to use Sean instead of the pump and once that happened I started getting pretty intense contractions, the nurses were getting excited and said I was doing great. They were about 1-3 minutes a part and some were even topping the charts. I had tried to get back on the birthing ball and we found a position that he was happy with and even liked. His heart rate was doing great during each contraction and was even spiking up (a good way) instead of down, through most of them. The doctor came in and checked me around 7ish and I was still about a 4 and he was still -3. So he was going to come back at check on us around midnight So we got to WORK. We tried every position, I was on my hands and knees, I was mimicking stair climbers, we were rocking and rotating my hips, we had me squatting during contractions (OUCH! Sean had to hold me up alot while I let the weight of the belly sink down to bring Braydon down) all while we were being extremely careful to not let his heart rate drop. He seemed to be doing well and his heart rate would spike with contractions, something they like to see, mom and baby working together. They checked me around 10 and he had dropped some and the doctor became more hopeful because I slightly dilated (almost a 5) and he had dropped to a -2. I also effaced a little more, so the doctor was willing to ride it out and so was Sean and my mom. Mentally I started to prep myself for the idea of a c-section, because my odds of having one were going up. But we all continued with hope and continued doing everything we were doing and at 12 when he checked me I was still almost to a 5 and he had dropped a little more to about a -1, but still wasn't engaged. I was almost 80 % effaced. We went back to work with nipple stimulation to get hard and fast contractions but they didn't seem to be doing anything and my body definitely did not want to take over and produce the hormone on its own. We were all pretty exhausted and I was going on without any food, very little water (they said I could have sips of water and ice chips) and only spurts of little naps between contractions for over the last 25ish hours. I was falling asleep as I was on the birthing ball and after squatting during the contractions. Sean suggested I tried to rest a little bit and let up on the nipple stimulation, and sure enough my contractions slowed down to 6-7 minutes apart, but they were still very intense. My little rest seemed to last for 10 minutes and it seemed like the contractions were about 30 seconds apart and a minute long. lol but I rested for about 45 minutes (I actually fell asleep between the contractions each time, i was so exhausted) Sean was great the whole time and would tell me to breathe as the monitor picked up on a contraction, (when I was awake, normally I could tell before him,) but in my sleepy state he was able to warn me and it was SO helpful. He was the perfect coach and so was my mom. After I rested we tried to get up to walk and bounce but his heart rate started to drop again and we were having a harder time finding a position that let his heart rate recover so the nurse had me back in bed on oxygen. My contractions slowed again and 2 am came way too quickly. The doctor checked me and i had lowered the baby to a -1 but everything else had stayed the same. The doctor suggested we talk about a c-section and how we would be needing it in the next few hours. Sean and I decided that based on the babies heart rate dropping anytime we got into a sitting position, or on my back that it would probably be extremely stressful on the baby to exit out the birth canal. I knew that if the Lord wanted me to have a VBAC that he could make it work, but that my body probably would have taken over by then and we felt strongly that there was a good reason it wasn't continuing on its own. We also felt that Braydon was probably extremely exhausted from all the contractions himself. We had put extra fluid in after that first heart rate drop and i was wearing an oxygen mask and that had helped but I know he was exhausted. So at about 2:30 in the morning we decided to go ahead with the c-section and get him out. At the moment we decided to have a c-section, he still was checking me and such and I was like" Ok can you stop checking me now?!" haha we all laughed cause I had always put up with alot of checking because i hoped it would help trigger contractions and labor and embraced the pain and discomfort, in hopes of having a vaginal birth, but since that wasn't happening, I saw NO reason for any further pain. lol I was pretty disappointed that after all of that work we had to do a c-section, but I knew there was a reason my body was not progressing. I would have been more disappointed if I had made it to 9cm dilated and then had a c-section. The only reason i was even dilated to a 4 was cause of the foley bulb and then I barely kinda made it to a 5 on my own. So in 28ish hours and TONS of contractions, I had only progressed maybe 3 cms. Although I was disappointed, I was completely at peace with the decision. I felt like the best thing to do was get him out and I honestly got my try. I felt like I had 100% support from my doctor as well as from my mom and sean. So they got me prepped and ready for the c-section, Braydon Joseph Ford was born August 12th, 2011 at 2:59 am. He weighed 7 lbs 3 ounces and was 19 1/2 inches long. I was extremely shocked by his weight. I know he felt smaller than the boys, but I never guessed this small! I have always wanted a tiny baby because I felt like Ammon and Cameron came out being 2 months old! I'm very excited to enjoy a tiny baby, and he is very healthy too, no problems at all. We did figure out why his heart rate kept dropping. The cord was wrapped pretty tightly around his neck and all over his body and that explains why his heart rate dropped when i would sit up, or lean to a certain side, cause it was pinching of the cord. Im confident that because there wasn't much fluid in there, it would have been extremely hard for him to untangle himself, it even seemed hard for the doctor (it was a tight one) So now I know why my body didnt progress, it was just trying to protect my baby. Its moments like these where I am grateful for c-sections. I'm very satisfied with my birth experience because I know there was nothing else that I could have done different to get a successful VBAC. I know it would have been unwise to wait any longer (after the weekend) because of his fluid levels, I am confident he would have gotten more tangled by the following Tuesday in the cramped space without adequate amniotic fluid and it would have made the induction process more difficult. We all tried really hard. I really felt like everyone gave it their all, and complete support in trying. My first priority of course is a healthy baby and I wanted to make sure he was ok. I feel very blessed for my doctor and the supportive hospital staff that even kept me relaxed when the heart rate would dip, cause it made me nervous. I know other hospitals and doctors could have used that opportunity to go straight to the c-section and instead, mine told me not to worry and gave him extra fluid to take the pressure off. My mom and Sean could NOT have been more PERFECT during this time. With no sleep and lots of pain they helped me and reminded me to breathe and remember what I had learned from my hypnobabies tracks. I really think that helped alot with the pain because I was able to go completely limp and relaxed during contractions (the ones I wasn't standing or squatting through.) During the whole labor process, everyone stayed calm, relaxed, focused, and we even laughed between contractions (a couple times at the peak of a contraction and I did want to kill them for it. lol) I have never been more relaxed and confidant in my life and i think that helped alot. Each contraction, Sean reminded me that I OWNED that contraction and that I could breathe it right through it. I embraced each one, hoping that it would end with a successful VBAC, but I tried to handle it as best as possible and go to my "happy place." I cant stress enough how perfect my mom and husband were through this whole process. I am so grateful for them. They made a great team together and helped me tremendously and all three of us together were great. (there is no one in the world that gives a better foot and ankle massage than my mom by the way ) I'm really glad that we got we were all able to stay close to the spirit through the entire process and enjoy the time we spent together. And thanks to my Uncle Paul, Julie, Erin, and Kira for watching my boys and keeping them safe. I never once worried about my boys and that was a great relief for me and I was able to relax and focus on giving the labor a good try. Although I am disappointed about not ending with a vaginal birth, I am so happy, that first and foremost...
1. I have a BEAUTIFUL healthy baby to hold and to love (with a perfect shaped head, I might add :P)
2. I get 4 days at the hospital to be taken care of :) they do everything! I dont even have to get up to go potty and I can drink as MUCH as I want!
3. I NEVER have to have my cervix checked AGAIN!
4. I NEVER have to be pregnant this long again. I will go ahead and schedule at 39 weeks. That shaves off at least 10 lbs of weight I gained at the end of this pregnancy (while i stressed and waited!)
5. I will always be able to plan when my babies come. Im gonna pick my mom up from the airport and get my "haur did, and my nails done" every time.
6. and knowing that I am not going to end with a vaginal makes me happy that I will never have to deal with a foley bulb or contraction again. :) Dont get me wrong, it was worth it if it meant I would end with a vaginal birth (and if by some miracle I get a random miracle chance to have a spontaneous vbac, I would gladly welcome the pain again), but now that I know I will have the rest c-sections, Im excited to never feel the pain again.
So yeah, I am very happy. Oh and the doctor said my uterus was in GREAT shape (I knew it had to be buff from all the practice) He said it was very thick still and that I definitely had 4 or 5 babies left to birth in there. So thats very encouraging. I just wanted to make sure I would be able to have as many babies as the lord wants and it sure looks that way. He also said there was NO thinning and no signs of a possibility of rupture (based on thickness levels and how great my scar was) He also said I had healed up SO well from my previous c-section that he almost couldn't see the scar. So that's really good in my eyes. :) So thank you all for all the love and support. I needed every bit of it. Im also going to post Sean's little version of the birth story. It might be a little better detailed in places that im not cause everything was such a blur to me. Thanks again for all the love!
"On Wednesday night at around 10:30 we showed up at the hospital and began setting Alicia up for her induction. Dr. Parker showed up around 11:30 or so and put her foley bulb in. for the next 9 hours or so Alicia constantly felt dull pressure on her cervix, as well as some pretty intense contractions. I would pull on the foley bulb to get it to stretch her cervix wider and so would the nurse. She began at 2 cm and ended at around 4 cm around 6:00 or so. After the bulb was pulled out she was effaced to about 60% and dilated to about 4 cm. the next 18 hours are somewhat of a blur. I know there was about 12 hours of little or no progress. During that 12 hours we tried to stimulate alicia’s nipples with a breast pump, but her contractions were still 5-6 minutes apart. We also attempted to walk around in the hall, but that put stress on braydon. During this 12 hour period his heart beat dropped to around 60 twice, both times due to Alicia walking around. Around 18 hours into labor Grandma said a prayer and felt inspired to check on the position of braydon. We attempted to maneuver braydon to an anterior position with warm towels on alicia’s belly. Grandma said she felt that if we would push on alicia’s hips then her birth canal may open some more and allow braydon to drop further. From around 6:00 to 12:00 the three of us worked really hard on keeping braydon’s heart beat at a good level, trying to dilate alicia’s cervix more, and helping braydon to drop lower. From 6-12 we were able to get braydon to drop from a -3 to a -1 and dilating her cervix from 4 cm to about 5 cm. She also approached 80% effacement. From 10-12 we tried to stay very close to the spirit and were able to get Alicia to have contractions 1-3 minutes apart again for two hours or so. These were big contractions too. Dr. Parker said they were just as good as another woman he was delivering and she was dilated to a 9 and was almost ready to push her baby out. This exhausted Alicia so much that at around 12:30 Alicia began to close her eyes and fall asleep between contractions. At 12:45 we decided to let her rest for 30 minutes. At 1:20 I tried to wake Alicia up but she was so tired. During her rest time her contractions naturally slowed to 6-7 minutes apart. I let her rest for another 15 minutes and then woke her up. Around 1:40 we tried to get Alicia to walk around but that put stress on Braydon. His heart beat dropped down to about 60 beats per minute. The nurse wanted us to lay Alicia on the bed to ease Braydon’s stress. That didn’t work too well so we suggested Alicia should get on her ball to stabilize Braydon’s heart beat. That worked and we were able to her contractions to about 2-3 minutes apart again. Dr. Parker came in around 2:15 or so and checked Alicia’s progress. She had not made in progress from 12-2:15 so we started discussing options. We knew that Alicia was exhausted and that Braydon was exhausted and the likelihood that her contractions would get into a solid pattern and go from a 5-10 in a couple hours and be able to push him out, all before the doctor had to leave town were slim, and that if it was meant to be it would have happened. We also felt like there was a reason his heart rate kept dropping and couldn’t help but feel like we needed to be careful and watch out for the baby. We also felt like there was a reason her body wouldn’t take over so we decided to do a c-section. They got her prepped and ready and Braydon Joseph Ford was born at 2:59 am after 28 ½ hours of trying to induce labor. He weighed 7 lbs 3 ounces and was 19.5 inches long. His apgar scores were great, hes beautiful and healthy and we couldn’t be happier." -Sean
Better Days 2019 Svenska Röster Stream-720p-DTS
-
*Better Days 2019 Svenska Röster Stream *
Better
Days-2019-2015-v-noel-2018-action-3-naruto-filmy-w-4k-culte-l'accusé-ø-film-jim-carrey-l-death-note-0...
6 years ago








2 comments:
Yay! He is soo cute. Just fyi tho.. you may still have your cervix checked while pregnant. I have had it checked with Taylee when she was a planned c-section. Plus.. you may not always have your babies on the planned date. You seem to have a history of going way late so you may be lucky that way tho! But all the women in my family rarely make it to the scheduled date. It is so nice now that you know how your babies will come and you don't have to wonder how things will work out. Braydon is beautiful and I'm so glad he was able to come safely without any major problems!
Alicia! He is sooo cute! I wish I was there, I would love to see you and all your cute kids! Congratulations again, he is perfect! And you are amazing to go through all of that!!
Leah
ps. You should tell me more about hypnobabies.
Post a Comment