CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 4, 2009

What you all have been waiting for!

We had our baby last night! Yesterday my mom and I came in because we hadn't felt him move in a long time. We came in and everything was fine. His heart rate was great, but they got really concerned when they saw that my blood pressure was 185/94 (or somewhere right around there, it was super high!) I had been checked when I first arrived and SURPRISE, No change, I was still High and thick, but here's the interesting part the lady who checked me, actually CHECKED ME. I felt it and it HURT! It was a really great kind of hurt though! I really was excited cause it felt like something was happening. It felt like my menstrual cramp contractions, but a ton more intense. So I know I hadn't had my cervix checked for reals before that. Anyways, I guess the activity of touching it made me have some contractions cause after about an hour or so I got checked again and to my wild surprise I was 50 percent effaced and 1cm dilated! I was super excited. Later I was checked again and I was about a 1.5 cm and my cervix was softened. I was stoked!! the only problem was that they were NOT going to let me leave and go home with how high my blood pressure was and they said it would take WAY TOO long to labor and they basically told me that they really couldn't do anything to induce me and that the baby needed to come that night because it was unsafe for him when my blood pressure was so high. The on call doctor had done some tests for preclampsia and while the results did come back OK, she said that she was positive I still had it. So it's a bummer we didn't get to go into labor naturally, but I had a blessing and we felt like it was OK to go through with the c-section. I think we would have also been OK to go home and labor, but we erred on the side of safety, plus they literally wouldn't let me leave. It all happened so fast. the last 30 hours feel like such a blur. We went from just checking the kicks and hearing his heart beat, to high blood pressure, to dilation to c-section. I honestly cant say that I'm not disappointed that I didn't get to labor (especially after I finally started to dilate) But I was comforted knowing that it was OK to go through with the c-section which is what the blessing said and of course that Cameron came safely and they were able to get my blood pressure under control.

Anyways, so I had quite a different c-section experience this time rather than last time... they did an epidural not a spinal and I can honestly say I prefer the epidural better. It was a slow numb but it stayed numb WAY longer than the spinal did with Ammon. Which I was actually OK with because when they came to knead my stomach it was still numb so it didn't hurt. With Ammon the spinal wore off almost instantly and it was super painful, I was like CLIMBING THE WALLS when they punched me in the stomach, especially after they had been SO ROUGH with the c-section. They were so much more gentle here with my c-section. It took longer, but these doctors seemed to be way more gentle than when I had Ammon's.

Here's what everyone has been waiting for....

Cameron James Ford was born on April 3rd, 2009 at 11:00 pm exactly.
Weighing in at 9 lbs 1 ounce (9 lbs 3 ounces before he pottied, according to grandma)
21 inches long, with a 14 inch head.
Here's some pictures!! Enjoy!!












Ammon Loves his little brother!!! He has really taken well to Cameron


7 comments:

Jenn said...

Those pictures of Ammon and Cameron are SO darling! Makes me want one ;) (just for pictures though). Congratulations!

Enriquez Family said...

YEh! so cute! Im so glad you blogged so early on! I knew you had the baby because there was no post early today! congrats and you all look b E A utiful!

Anonymous said...

Congrats he is so cute. I can't believe you are already posting.

Jamie said...

Congrats.Don't feel too bad about not going natural, what happened was supposed to happen. :) He is so cute. Tell Ammon we are so proud of him and how sweet he is to his little brother. Sean, good luck finishing classes...dont get too distracted. Alicia, Happy healing and feel better. From what I hear, 2x c-sections should be easier than the first...good luck!

Stevenson and Marissa's Blog said...

Congratulations! He is adorable, and those pictures of Ammon and Cameron are priceless- so sweet. I'm glad that mommy and baby are safe and healthy. Keep us updated!

Teresa said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful baby boy and such a good looking family :) We are SO happy for you guys!

Leah and Joe said...

UGHHH.... I HATE it when they knead your stomach, brings back bad memories!
Cute Pics