I know I have been failing miserably, but with each child, I seem to blog a little less (ok, alot less...) Not to mention, I see so many cute blogs, and feel so incredibly uncreative and incompetent in the blogging world. So, although these posts are nothing fancy, I will try to get better so I have something to show for our memories!
Lets start with Halloween!
This year the boys were obsessed with toy story... Yeah so I had no idea how to make those woody and buzz costumes. After searching for all the different fabrics, I realized it was going to be incredibly expensive to try to make them. I found some costumes on Amazon and walmart... saved me a bunch of stress and money! But sean was going to be bullseye, I was Bo Peep and Braydon was my sheep. I LUCKED out when I found a white bear costume at DI. (what bears are white... besides polar bears... and I dont think thats what they were going for...) ANYWAYS, it worked out perfect for a lamb and was only a couple bucks. YAY. I decided to make my costume. BIGGEST headache. I didnt want to spend money on a pattern, ended up cutting it wrong, (I couldnt find my tape measure!) and spent HOURS cutting up old white sheets.... but it ended up working out ok. I was not by any means "happy" with it, but it was good enough. After all, Its for the kids anyways, right :)

Oh yeah, I made Seans mask... it was scary, hahah. It was definitely not our best year. I think our best year was last year when we were the characters of Phineas and Ferb

K, Moving on to Ammons Birthday!
Yes! He Turned 5 this year! Is that insane or what? The memories of his birth don't feel like yesterday anymore, but DEFINITELY not 5 years ago (and one month, this is a month late, coincidentally on ASHLYN'S 5th BIRTHDAY!!!) This year we went to Spaghetti Factory for his birthday. He loved his giant meatball. They give kids free meals on their birthday! And what is better than eating in a train with a bottomless cup of chocolate milk?? I dont think he could think of anything better. His party was Saturday and he had a SPIDERMAN party. He LOVED it. We had a spiderman web walk, pin the eyes on spiderman, and ULTIMATE musical chairs. We handed out trophies and medals and although it was insane and loud and slightly unorganized, I think all the kids had a good time. He got SOOO spoiled with all his gifts that 2 of his birthday gifts that came late in the mail got tucked away for Christmas. :)




Oh yeah, So Ammon and Cameron became OBSESSED with spiderman (thanks to netflix and their instant streaming) So I hit walmart that days after halloween and found some spiderman costumes for 2.50! It was awesome, but they were all in size 8 boys, so I had to take them in ALOT for them to fit the boys. October and November were very sewy, crafty months! Oh and I "made" that building.
Now to thanksgiving!
I dont have any pictures! But we had a blast going to the Schaffers for Thanksgiving. The cousins dressed up and we all had a ball eating healthy food and having a GREAT time.... OH MAN, now I want some apple pie....
3 comments:
You did such an awesome job on the cake and costumes!! Way to go. I really need to learn to be more crafty. You are so dang talented when it comes to cakes... I'm sure I'm not the only one to say I'm jealous!! Glad you guys had a good halloween and thanksgiving. Now on to Christmas! Can you believe the holidays flew by this fast? I'm thankful they were towards the end of my pregnancy to make a chunk of my last trimester fly by!
Thanks! Im so excited that you are so close to the end! I cant wait to meet that little girl! So excited about your shower!!!
Looks like you guys have been having a ton of fun. I think the costumes turned out amazing. You are so creative. I am trying to make pajama's for Jacob and it scares me to death.
Post a Comment