SOOOO!!! I know I haven't posted in FOREVER!!! I pretty much only check facebook now.. I know WHAT HAPPENED! I don't even sign into my messenger anymore. I hardly ever get on! Theres SO much to update on and such funny cute little things that Ammon has been doing that I am FAILING on documenting on here, but I DID write it in my journal... So hope is not ALL lost... So the reason for this post. I AM SOOO EXCITED for AMMON. WE have been trying for over a year (we started seriously trying when he was a year) to get him OUT OF OUR BED! And we have only been succesful a few times, and even those times it took us sometimes 3 hours to sit in his room and calm him from crying and get him to be relaxed enough to even go to sleep. ANYWAYS. Something always ruined it. I swear there was an excuse every month, He was teething, he was barfing (and this kid alwasy seems to get the barf bug) vacations, people coming to visit, another vacation. Then it was the transition from crib to toddler bed and he really did horrible after that... THEN our house was being packed up and we used his room to store all the boxes that got packed and we moved his bed into our room... of course he NEVER slept in it ONCE.. Then it was the BIG MOVE and we had NO place to live and everything was WAY outta whack, then vacation again for christmas (dont forget thanksgiving, oh and the summer to my moms, oh and april to Seans moms) and whenever we go to visit family, we dont have a bed for ammon, hes too big for the play pen so he sleeps with us and that always ruins our attempts at getting him out of the bed. ANYWAYS... after that it was BRAND NEW PLACE, NEW ROOM!! And that pretty much freaked him out. Everytime we talked about him going to bed in his own room he started having a panic attack... poor guy... So yeah we were really trying to figure out what we could do. SO about 2 weeks ago, I sat down at the computer and typed up a routine that lasts for about a week. Sean put it in a plastic cover and we put it on the fridge. AND FOR THE FIRST TIME IN TWO YEARS, we actually followed it. We ggo through each step (hardly skipping them) and by the 2 or 3rd night he was going to bed in his room with no problems and it doesnt take long at all. our longest time putting him to sleep (our record) was probably about 4 or 5 hours, yeah I hated putting him to bed cuase id be sitting on his floor and miserable. NOW i tuck him in and tell him im going to bed and most nights hes OK with that. Some nights hes scared and gets lonely and wants me to stay with him till he falls asleep, but now hes so comforatble with going to sleep in his room, hes asleep after the story and a song or two. ITS SOOO GREAT!! We didnt even have to lock him in his room (we contemplated that at first and even got the slippery door handles) but we sleep with our door room open and his door room is open and he knows that when he gets scared he can crawl in bed with us. Most of the time its between 5-6 and on good days 9-10 am. LOL I know, Im lazy, cuase im still in bed when he wakes up and he wants to cuddle with mom. WHICH I AM FINE WITH. I love that he still wants to cuddle. He just kicks at night and that was NOT working. So yeah Im so proud of our routine. Its simple and works great. Im so glad that we finally have something NORMAL!!! AFTER ALL THE CHAOS and the MOVING and the BOXES everywhere. Its nice to finally have an element to be back in!! Life was SOOO busy right after we moved. It's nice that things have toned down! OH!!! and I go in for my first Doctors appointment TOMORROW!! I should have been a long time ago, but I didnt have insurance yet. Were still waiting on it, but im prettys ure we got it. Anyways, Ammons routine goes a little like this...
Scripture and Prayer - With mommy and daddy
Bath time
Pajamas!
Brush teeth
Watch a little bit of a show/movie - to wind down
Go to bedroom. Jump in bed
Have mommy tell a story and sing a couple songs
GO TO SLEEP!
Nothing fancy, but its familiar and he likes it and its so cute now that HE KNOWS what comes next... Anyhooo!!! I will post some pictures soon!!!
Better Days 2019 Svenska Röster Stream-720p-DTS
-
*Better Days 2019 Svenska Röster Stream *
Better
Days-2019-2015-v-noel-2018-action-3-naruto-filmy-w-4k-culte-l'accusé-ø-film-jim-carrey-l-death-note-0...
6 years ago








1 comment:
I have sooo been waiting for a blog from you! I thought you fell off the face of the earth! Good to heae from you guys.. take care
Post a Comment