CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 3, 2008

WOW

OK so I know i totally haven't posted anything in a really long time!!! Im sorry, I just started school and its whoopin me! But i am doing good and so far i have straight A's ( to my knowledge!) anyhooo. So we went to oregon for christmas and that was fun and for new years we went to California!! it was totally a blast! i love seeing family!! Its the best! All my pictures that i took over christmas and newyears got erased on accident! I was totally distraught! i lost about 500 pictures and it makes me so sad. But Theresa came back to Idaho with us to help with Ammon while i started school to help us get a leg up on this new semester and it was great! She helped out a ton and she also took tons of pictures! So i will post them soon, if not tonight! We had some Christmas Miracles right before we left town, all the people who were getting rides from us to oregon from Idaho (to split the cost of gas with) had lost our numbers and got FLIGHTS! there we were the day before we were supposed to leave with one rider out of FOUR. We didnt have enough gas money and had no idea what we were going to do, and that night we had some mysterious carolers, they brought us a crate of oranges and a goodie bucket filled with wonderful treats. We had no idea who they were and when we tried to hunt them down to thank them again they were gone and I SWEAR there were NO FOOT PRINTS IN THE SNOW! We saw an envelope, hoping it would give us a hint at who they were and it had gift certificates and 200 dollars cash! enough for us for gas to get to Oregon!! It was amazing! our testimonies of tithing grew and it was awesome, we now refer to them as our Christmas Angels. It was amazing, and a true miracle!
Oh i havent sent out our christmas newsletter this year, but i will post it on here so you guys can all have an update of our 2007 year!

"HAPPY HOLIDAYS FROM THE FORD FAMILY "
"I can hardly believe that it’s that time of year again. It seemed like just yesterday I was bringing Ammon home from the hospital. Now, as I type this he is standing next to me, curious as to what I’m doing and trying to bite my toe. I know, he’s a weirdo. But as I look around our apartment I can’t help but feel blessed. So many things we have are because of loving friends and family, who are so generous. We have moved up in the world. We no longer live in the basement/downstairs of my family’s home. (In fact, we upgraded to the big bedroom, in 8/06 right before Ammon was born.) But Since last December a few big things happened for us. On December 30th, 2006, on our one year anniversary. Sean, Ammon, and I were able to enter the Oakland temple to be sealed as a family for time and all eternity. It was a really neat experience. Ammon was only 7 weeks old and he did great. It was the beginning of our new little family. January started us off nicely, Sean’s job gave him a raise, he was working for Country Coach. So next time you see a Country Coach. Check out the welding job. Cause my baby did GOOD. February, Ammon turned 3 months and started blabbing all the time. He would even talk to the TV, we also both applied to BYU-I and Sean got in!! yay! He got accepted to start in the fall! March, Ammon weaned himself. It was really hard for me cause I really wanted to continue till he was at least one, but he had other plans. At the same time it was nice to be free and go to the Temple without pumping for a whole day prior! April, we got a hefty tax return (thank you Ammon) and we finally got to go pick up Sean’s BMW over spring break! Wahoo. We drove our little white car down to Las Vegas, (actually Pahrump) Nevada and saw Sean’s BMW for the first time. It was quite a shock for Sean, but She cleaned up nice. We got to meet Sean’s Aunt Trudy and she was fantastic, this was the house he was living at when we first started talking. It was cool to be there and see where he lived, worked, and played. $1,500 later, our BMW was ready to go home. We drove home in 2 separate cars. I had Ammo and became a pro of making bottles, with one hand, while driving. Being about 5 months, Ammo was pretty restless and bad on the trip down but on the way back he was pretty much great. A fun time had by all. May, we moved to Albuquerque, New Mexico, Sean got a sales job, selling security systems. 1500 miles away from my family. It was hard to be around NO family. We packed anything we could fit in our BMW put the rest in storage and took off. Sean’s Mom and step Dad came to visit us in the first couple weeks and it was awesome, they got to see Ammon for the first time and he adjusted very well. It was a crazy summer. Ammon started crawling, standing, and falling, and we got major tans from swimming everyday. The job was OK. It was barely enough to squeak us by. But our testimonies of tithing and faith definitely grew. We didn’t come out of the summer stinking rich (like they promised) but we made the right decision to go, cause it really made us grow as a couple, to be out there alone, depending on each other. We are so grateful to family who helped us and supported us through our trials. Mid-August we came back to Oregon for a few weeks to visit family and make some fast cash to move to Idaho for school. It was great seeing all the family again and Ammon LOVED all the attention after being secluded for a summer. Sean turned 25 and insurance went down!! Yes! Ammon also got his first tooth the 3rd week in Aug, he then got 6 teeth over the next six weeks! September we made the big move. It is so much fun to have all of our stuff back and in our very own apartment. I felt like we were playing house. We found a duplex that was pretty cheap, with a garage and a storage unit in our backyard, it was definitely a blessing since we still didn’t know where we were going to live 3 weeks before our move. Later that September, I turned 22! And I went back to Oregon for Melissa’s wedding. I was her maid of honor and made the trip back with Ammo all by myself, It was a perfect trip, he slept most of the way and things went great. On the way back to Idaho, Theresa came with me (thank goodness) and we got in a car accident in the morning of October 1st. What a way to start a month. What we thought was minimal damage turned out to be totaled. So no more BMW, we sold it to our insurance company (we love progressive!) and bought the long awaited mini van. Its not as glamorous, but wonderful when putting Ammon in and out of the car, we LOVE it! I applied to school again and I got in! I start in January!! We had a blast carving pumpkins and Ammon dressed up as a red M&M for Halloween, we were pirates. Ammon loved his first Halloween where he ate candy, corndogs, donuts, and cupcakes. He was bouncing off the walls all night long and crashed hard around 1 or 2 am. November brings Ammo’s first birthday!! He’s getting so big and trying to walk, his personality has developed so much, he’s now more of a little boy than a baby. Its crazy. Thanksgiving we went to Utah in our New Minivan, it was our first trip taking it anywhere and it was so fun. We got to see tons of family and stayed at the O’Conner’s, The Schaffer’s, The Miller’s, and The Smith’s! It was a great trip and we enjoyed seeing everyone. December Ammon decided to make walking his new hobby and has become quite good at it. It’s so fun to see him toddling around the house, but he’s climbing and getting into EVERYTHING. His favorite thing to do lately is to sit in the window sill and wait for daddy to get back from class, or climb on the kitchen chair, to get on the kitchen table,
to get to the chocolate kisses that are in the candy bowl. In his spare time, he enjoys banging his head for the thrill, pulling mommy’s hair, picking his nose (and
anyone who will let him) biting anything and everything, playing with boxes,
taking books off daddy’s shelf, dancing to teletubbies and playing in the toilet! He’s VERY busy! Sean closed his first semester with a 3.8! Yay for Daddy! We also plan on returning to Oregon for Christmas. We hope you enjoyed our first family newsletter and love all of you and hope you have a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year.We love all of you and thank you for your love and support.
Love the Fords, Sean, Alicia, and Ammon"

There you guys have it, Ill get some pictures up ASAP. I just never get on here anymore! DANG HOMEWORK!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your so cute! Congratulations on going back to school. That's huge. I am glad you guys are doing awesome. Jacob won't let me go to BYUI unless everything we have taken transfers. So I am trying to figurt out. Talk to you soon...

D and C said...

Alicia, I LOVE YOU!!! You are seriously adorable, and you have such a cute little family!! You should be proud!!! I wish you lived in Cali!! loL!!!
You better be updating more often young lady, I want something new to read when I stalk you! LOL!!
Love ya!